What I can say about those three days of World Cup….
- The Opening ceremony was quite disappointing to all of us Brazilians. I think we all expected something more lively and exciting.
- The opening game Brazil x Croatia, like any other Brazil’s World Cup game was so electric that I thought I would have a heart attack.
- I’m loving to see all those football fans in my city!! The south americans are definitely the majority, but I’ve seen Germans, Australians, English, Americans, Croatians and so many others.
- I have never seem so many Argentines in my whole life, except of course when I’ve been to Buenos Aires. They have “invaded” Rio de Janeiro! I can’t wait to see their performance tomorrow, at Maracanã, for the game Argentina x Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- For the first time I am watching the World Cup games with my son. It has been so much fun and an amazing experience!!
- Brazilians are totally in the mood for football! Although some protests has been taking place in some of the host cities, in Copacabana we can feel a kind of party atmosphere, with all the football fans making jokes with their opponents peacefully and joyfully.